If you’ve been following our site for a while you’ll know that we strongly encourage travel writers to make use of Article Marketing as a way to increase traffic to your own site or travel blog (and also to increase your reputation and credibility in your chosen niche), by submitting your articles to at least one, and if possible several, Article Submission websites.
As part of our ongoing effort to review many of these Article Marketing sites, today we’re looking at Isnare.com Articles, which has been in operation since late 2004. Isnare.com offers three basic levels of service:
- Free article submission to the Article Directory (up to 5 articles daily);
- Article distribution to other Article Directories for a small fee per article ($2 per article or less if you purchase distribution credits as a “package”);
- “Platinum” membership at $59.95 monthly, that allows you to submit up to 10 articles daily and waives the distribution fee;
For those unfamiliar with the difference between Article Submission and Article Distribution, here’s an explanation: If you submit an article to an Article Submission site (aka an Article Directory site), then your article may be reprinted on any number of other websites that draw their content from that particular Article Directory, and each reprint carries your Author Byline with a link to your website. Article Distribution sites, on the other hand, take care of submitting your article to multiple Article Directory sites for you, saving you the extra work. For some people the time saved is worth paying a fee for and for others it isn’t — only you can decide if you want to take the time to submit your articles to multiple directories.
If you choose not to purchase article distribution credits, and don’t want to pay for a Platinum account, you can always earn distribution credits by promoting Isnare through their referral program, whereby you earn free distribution credits every time your referred member purchases credits.
What we like
- It’s free to submit your articles (up to 5 per day);
- Their referral program can earn you distribution credits;
- They have a wide variety of categories (increases exposure to your articles);
What we don’t like
- “Free” level Article Submission can take up to a week to approve before it gets posted to the site (Platinum members get expedited approval);
- Platinum membership costs $59.95 per month;
- Article distribution costs $2 for each article, although you can purchase credit packages that lower the cost;
- Their website is non-intuitive and difficult to use;
- Inadequate support if an author needs help;
- They don’t offer tools to enable authors to verify that author attribution and links are kept intact;
With its 5 year history, the fact that it offers both a directory an distribution service, and also gives you the opportunity to earn distribution credits, Isnare.com is a website that we can comfortably recommend to any travel writer looking to build readership.
Article marketing can help you get “eyeballs” to your website and build your reputation. It’s all about the traffic! Of course, you want to be mindful of keywords and phrases. Provide good, unique content and readers will visit your website. It’s kind of like the movie FIELD OF DREAMS, “if you build it, he (they) will come.” Good luck!
Are you taking advantage of Article Marketing? How has it helped your travel blog?