Whether you are a novice or seasoned travel writer, sometimes it’s necessary to take a writing class or two to “polish” your skills or just learn some new tips and techniques.
Or you may be a travel blogger, seeking to get published somewhere other than your own blog, and to get paid for your travel writing.
Wherever you are in your travel writing career, check out our list of Top 10 Online Travel Writing courses!
(Note: the top three are TWE Award Winners for “Best Travel Writing Course”)
Top 10 Travel Writing Courses
- Travel Writing and Marketing Master Class – Our Number 1 Pick! Taught by acclaimed (and prolific! travel writer Roy Stevenson, the Online Travel Writing & Marketing Master Class is an exclusive program where you’ll explore, in detail, every single step of Roy’s travel writing, pitching and selling strategy.
Consisting of 63 recorded live sessions from Roy’s in-person Travel Writing & Marketing Master Class, you get exactly the same information, techniques, tips, and tricks – without the travel costs and at a substantially reduced price.
Other travel writing courses gloss over the details, but that’s not how Roy does things….. you will walk away from his program knowing exactly how to get sensational paid trips around the world and sky-rocket your travel writing success – even if you’re starting at $0.
- Travel Writing Overdrive – An Editors Top Choice! A course unlike any other from professional travel writer and author Tim Leffel, this online self-study course is NOT a writing course, but rather is designed to teach writers how to increase their income from writing, how to find (and take advantage of) the ‘low-hanging fruit’ in the world of publishing, and how to develop multiple revenue streams.
There is also a “Mastermind” level course (HIGHLY recommended for those that have some travel writing/blogging experience already and want to take their earnings to the next level!) that incorporates hands-on mentoring by Mr. Leffel, group conference calls, and a private Facebook Group. NOTE that the Mastermind level course is only periodically open for new students, if you’re interested in that higher level of coaching, be sure to ask!
- Productivity Power for Writers – An Editors Top Choice! Also taught by travel writer and author Tim Leffel, Productivity Power for Writers is NOT a ‘travel writing course’, instead it’s a self-study course designed to teach you how to get more work done without working more hours. If you struggle with meeting goals and deadlines, with getting mired down in minutiae or distracted by non-writing tasks, or with just staying focused, then Productivity Power is for you.
In just four hours of your time this practical, step-by-step guide will teach you how to develop positive habits, to discard negative distractions, and to achieve clarity on how to focus your time so you can get more great work done every week.
- The Writers Workshop. In addition to a variety of online writing classes in several different genres (including travel) that will teach you to compose compelling, engaging travel narratives, The Writers Workshop also periodically holds in-person workshops, in various destinations, during which students will also enjoy out-of-the-classroom experiences that include visits to local restaurants, wineries, and historic sites, along with “behind-the-scenes tours unavailable to the general public”. Additionally, your instructor Nick O’Connell, promises participants that he will “personally edit and recommend your stories to a well-known food and beverage magazine for likely publication.” This is a great opportunity that we strongly encourage writers to take advantage of!
- Gotham Writers’ Workshop. Teaches more than 6,000 students a year! Gotham is the leading creative writing school in NY and the USA. Not a resident of NY, no problem. Visit Gotham’s online (voted Best of the Web by Forbes Magazine) and sign up for a course in travel writing. Classes begin the week of May 19. You better hurry because class size is limited to 18 students!
- Writers.com. They have been offering online classes since 1995. Courses range from basic skills to advanced-level work. Writers.com can help you improve your skills and explore new directions!
- Writer’s Village University. Believes education is a life-long pursuit for beginning and experienced writers. Writer’s Village University is a full-time support service that offers courses, seminars, and special programs.
- Penn Foster Career School. Although this online course does not cover travel writing, it offers education in basic freelance writing skills that are valuable for any genre of professional writing.
- Washington State University. Do you love to write? Are you entering a writing field or simply want to improve your skills? WSU’s online professional writing certificate will give you a strong foundation in written communication skills. Please note that this course has several prerequisites.
- American Writers and Artists, Inc. Offers course work from travel writing to desktop marketing, to help improve your skills as a writer. If you are a novice travel writer AWAI can help you sharpen your skills and move you forward to a great career!
If you visit this site AZwriting.com right now you will find professional writing tips and essay samples from academic experts.