This week the International Food Wine andTravel Writers Association announced their second annual Scholarship competition, called WiFTy (a combination of the letters of Wine, Food, and Travel).
And for the second year in a row, Travel Writers Exchange is proud to be among the many sponsors of the competition by contributing to the scholarship fund.
The goal of the scholarship is to help aspiring writers establish a career writing in the genres of Food, Wine, and Travel, and is open only to those writers who are not already earning an income in those fields.
The competition closes on May 31, 2010, and the scholarship winner will receive:
- Complimentary attendance at the 2011 IFWTWA’s Conference at Sea, with full access to all Professional Development Sessions and one mentoring session with a senior IFWTWA member;
- A one-year membership in IFWTWA;
- A one-year subscription to Press Pass, IFWTWA’s newsletter, which contains industry news leads on markets, story ideas and press trips;
- The opportunity to publish at least one article in Global Writes, IFWTWA’s online magazine.
In addition there will also be two Finalist awards, which include:
- One-year membership to IFWTWA;
- At least one article in Global Writes;
- One-year subscription to Press Pass.
For more information you can read the full guidelines at IFWTWA.org, and if you qualify to enter be sure to click on the link to the Application at the bottom of that page.
Good luck to all entrants!