Travel writers, are you just getting started or looking for additional assignments? Here are a few opportunities for you to check out. Write your travel article or guidebook today and become published tomorrow! All it takes is persistence, faith, perseverance, and most importantly belief in yourself!
- Playground-Earth. Is looking for travel writers who can also edit travel articles.
- Transitions Abroad. Is looking for content on the working traveler, articles on long-term travel and living abroad, and studying and student travel abroad. Visit TravelWriters-Market News for more details.
- Duffie Books. Publishing company based in Canada. They are looking for women authors who have stories about their independent travels.
- NomadsLand. Is a social issue video and media site looking for adventure travelogues, ethnographic travelogues, and semi-political travelogues. Visit Travel Writers-Market News to learn more.
- Free Fun Guides. Is looking for writers to contribute to a San Diego guidebook. Visit Travel Writers-Market News to learn more.
- Andrenaline SE Asia. Would you like to visit Thailand? Do you love adventure sports? If you answered YES then this is the opportunity for you! Adrenaline SE Asia is looking for writers to travel to Thailand and write articles on rock climbing, scuba diving, kayaking, fishing, deep water soloing, and bouldering (what’s this?). Visit TravelWriters-Market News to learn more.
- Avalon Travel Books. Are you interested in writing a guidebook? Check out the guidebook locations Avalon Travel is looking for. Start writing today, get published today! Visit TravelWriters-Market News to learn more.
If you have not registered with Travel Writers.com you do not know what you are missing. It’s a fantastic network for travel writers. I took my own advice and applied to some of the opportunities that are posted on the “Market News” section of Travel Writers.com. I sent a query to Duffie Books about my travel article on Edinburgh, Scotland. This was my first query to an editor. I haven’t heard anything, yet…I will keep you posted!
Go get em’,
I’m curious to know what kind of response you got with your queries to Duffie Books.
I’m not a member of TravelWriters.com yet because I just don’t know if I can justify the cost. Do you still recommend the site?
I’m not sure what happened to Duffie Books; I can’t find the site.
I signed up for a free account with Travel Writers.com and have met some people. They have job postings, a BBS area (forum), and other usueful information. I’m more active on Brave New Traveler and Matador.