Submit an Article
Are you a professional Travel Writer, Blogger, or Journalist? If so, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for experienced (published) professional travel writers and journalists, published travel book authors, and successful professional travel bloggers to give back to your community.
Do you have advice to share on how to get published, how to make a living at writing, or how to develop your brand as a professional travel writer? If so, we invite you to submit original articles, of an educational or advisory nature, that would be helpful to other Travel Writers (or writers in general) in establishing or furthering their career.
Guest Authors receive a link back to their own website at the end of each article chosen for publication on Travel Writers Exchange.
In addition each Author has an individual Author Page that displays all posts by that author and includes a photo, brief Bio, and links to the Author’s website, Facebook Page, Twitter Name, and other Social Media networks he or she belong to. We’ve recently added an Author’s Twitter Stream and plan to add an Author’s RSS Feed as well.
If you are a ghost writer, commercial blogger, someone who writes on a wide variety of topics (instead of just focusing on travel), or work for an SEO or Marketing company, please go elsewhere to get published.
Types of Articles We Publish:
Here’s a few topic ideas to get you thinking:
- Travel tips specifically for travel writers, NOT the general traveling public;
- First hand user-experience-based reviews of products or services again, specifically for writers, e.g. writing software, publishing services, etc.;
- Advice on getting writing assignments, or getting paid for article submissions;
- Advice on how to get published in print, or interacting with Editors and Publishers;
- Suggestions for improving one’s writing skills;
- Advice on how to get the best photo or video to accompany travel articles;
- Inspirational stories on how YOU achieved success as a travel writer, blogger, or journalist.
We’re also open to other topic suggestions if you have ideas for articles that you feel would be of interest and value to other travel writers.
Types of Articles We Do NOT Publish:
- Please, NO DESTINATION ARTICLES or service pieces. We do NOT promote any specific destinations, period
- We do NOT promote any travel services, travel products, or travel suppliers. If you have a product or service to promote, please send an email to Advertising@travel-writers-exchange.com. We will respond to let you know if your ad is considered appropriate for this site and with our current advertising rates and guidelines.
- We do not publish articles with travel tips geared toward the general traveling public, those who are not writers.
- We do not publish Infographics, period.
If you submit a pitch for a story that is about a destination, travel service or seller, or commercial travel product, it will be declined. In fact it’s likely you won’t even get a response. Due to the high volume of pitches we receive, we can only review and respond to those who adhere to our instructions. A query from someone who clearly failed to read and follow these guidelines is generally simply deleted.
How To Submit an Article Idea:
Please use this form to contact us and to tell us a little bit about yourself, including where you’ve been published, a link to your website, and any ideas you have for an article topic.
Please do NOT submit an article, instead please submit just your idea for an article, so we can be sure it will be a good fit for this site.