I just recently became a part of this new SnappyGo trip planning site and so far have had success working as a Travel Advisor. Basically, when someone is planning a trip to Sydney and doesn´t have the time or desire to search through piles of online reviews, or maybe they just want more trustworthy, specific tailor-made advice, they go to SnappyGo. You probably already know how it works, with the ´8 dimensions of travel compatibility´ technology. So if that person has the same broad interests as me, such as adventure, nightlife and eco-friendly, I can bid on the job and so far it seems that chances are I´ll get it.
The average bid is $80, so obviously I´m pretty committed to give the best advice I can. We promptly find ourselves in the Messaging System, like a private instant chat email type thing. The person starts asking questions, I start answering them, throwing in a few suggestions of my own, and voilà! There are a whole bunch of reasons why I love the job, so maybe I´ll just beat ´em out in bullet points.
• I can be lying in a hammock on a beach in Thailand, in a refuge high in the snowy mountains of Patagonia, in a restaurant in Rome or in any place of the world that has a Wi-Fi connection, and work.
• It´s actually quite enjoyable. I´ve had a lot of random jobs in my short life and giving advice about my beloved hometown is certainly the most pleasant. I also enjoy asking friends about exciting new places to explore in Sydney. For sure when I return home I´m never going to be out of ideas for things to do!
• It gets easier and easier the more you do it. A lot of people ask similar questions, so I keep record of all my message board advice and see it fit to use the old copy paste every now and then.
• There is very little commitment. As long as I´m not half way through a job, as there is nothing pressuring me to bid if I don´t want to work for the time being, I won´t.
• It´s pretty good money. I mean, a few $80 jobs a week and I´m more than comfortable.
• It´s not overly time-consuming and I can easily schedule it around other commitments, including a full-time job if ever find the desire to get one.
• It´s a good feeling sharing my knowledge to help people plan their dream holiday. So far everyone has been over the moon with the advice I´ve given them. It puts a smile on my face to know that not only am I being appreciated but travelers are falling in love with beautiful Sydney.
Well, I invite you all to register free and try it out. I can´t promise that you´ll have as much success as I´ve had but it´s still only a new marketplace so it wouldn´t surprise me. snappygo.com really does seem like the way forward in online trip-planning. If I we´re you, I´d start making the most of it before the rest of the world does.