Hi, I have 7 journals and 22,000 photos from my 15,000km ride from England to Nepal and I want to write it up into 1 or 2 books.
I have many sub-stories which make the story more than just a cycle ride like staying in Ashrams in India, attending a Rajput wedding, sleeping in temples and meeting holy men.
1. My writing style changed from the beginning of the journey to now. At first it was more a diary and introspective 'confidence' whereas later on it became much more about the details and conversations and people. What do I do when writing stuff up? How do I deal with this? e.g. Do I re-write it all in one retrospective style or do I present it in diary form so you can see how my style (and I) change along the way.
2. I was thinking of using a mind map to organise the story into chapters (if I end up writing it like this where chapters are appropriate).
3. What I really want to do is get my story down, warts and all in the most truest and rawest form I can without pulling any punches.
4. My memory has possibly faded regarding the details of things at the beginning of the trip... how do I account for this? Any thoughts?
5. I want to include the most interesting stories because there is too much material and some of my experiences may be more interesting to me than to the general reader. Tips for achieving this?
That's it for now, thanks