Well it’s not snowing here in Arizona, but I’m already catching the Holiday spirit, and working on my gift list for my friends and loved ones.
To make things more fun this year, I’ve asked a number of other travel bloggers to get into the spirit with me, and come up with even more suggestions that we all wanted to share with you.
We decided to focus on our best holiday gift suggestions for travelers, and each of us has used our expertise to produce lists specific to different types of travelers – adventure travelers, budget travelers, luxury travelers, sports travelers, green travelers, guy travelers, women travelers, and of course, travel writers!
Travel Gift Categories
Holiday Gifts for the Adventure Traveler 
Holiday Gifts for the Guy Traveler 
Holiday Gifts for Women Travelers 
Holiday Gifts for the Sports Traveler 
Holiday Gifts for the Budget Traveler 
Holiday Gifts for the Green Traveler 
Holiday Gifts for the Luxury Traveler 
We encourage you to visit the websites of each of the participating travel blogs for our great gift ideas – you’re sure to find a few ideas that will be perfect for the traveler on your gift list!
For those of you with Travel Writers on your holiday shopping list, I thought I’d help you out with some suggestions for gifts that they are sure to be super-excited to receive!
Travel Gift Ideas for Travel Writers
Stocking Stuffers: (under $30)
1. A few extra SDHC (SD High Capacity) memory cards  for all those precious travel photos and video – with memory cards so inexpensive these days, a smart travel writer doesn’t reuse cards, she stores them for permanent retention.
2. A Moleskin Pocket Notebook  – for those times when only handwritten notes will do (or a lack of electricity makes it your only option!)
3. A pocket digital recorder like the Olympus VN6200  – be prepared for an impromptu interview and never miss another sound bite!
4. Best American Travel Writing 2009  – find inspiration and motivation from the masters of this craft we call travel writing.
Mid-Priced: (under $200)
5. Membership in the International Food Wine & Travel Writers Association  – the benefits are many, making it a super value for a small cost.
6. Flip UltraHD or MinoHD Video camcorder  – every travel writer needs to be recording video too these days to keep up with the multi-media demands of tech-savvy travelers.
7. A decent microphone  – to capture those travel podcast recordings like a pro.
8. The WikiReader Pocket Wikipedia  – having the world’s best reference tool (Wikipedia) right in your pocket will make you the most popular travel writer (okay, geek) in any crowd!
9. A Kindle  – so you can take all your favorite travel writing books with you, because reading is as important as writing.
11. Give the Gift of Adventure with BedandBreakfast.com Getaway Gift Cards  – because the reason we’re travel writers is that we love to travel, right?
In the spirit of early compliance with the new FTC rules concerning disclosure by bloggers of content that is in any way remunerated, the above links do earn a small amount of money if you click on them and make a purchase. Not much, maybe enough for a cup of coffee or a beer, but every little bit helps keep this site going and helps us continue to provide you with great information, so we deeply appreciate your support!
Do you have some suggestions for travel gift ideas? Share your thoughts!