ExcellentGuide.com is a rather odd combination of an Article Submission Site and a Directory of websites, bookmarks, and videos. It appears as if they are trying to single-handedly replace EzineArticles.com, YouTube.com, Digg.com, and the Yahoo Directory.
However, if you can overlook the amateurish-looking website and obnoxious Google Ads, and the fact that they explain nothing on their website (other than a vague list of options with prices), have no “About” page, and no help, tutorials, FAQs, or support pages (beyond a simple contact form), then ExcellentGuide is, if nothing else, yet another article directory site that you can use to gain readership. Remember that the more “eyeballs” that see your work the better (no pun intended).
What we like
- You can create a free account, and upload articles, videos, and bookmarks for free.
- You can search and interact with other members;
- They do have a Travel and Tourism category;
What we don’t like ….(Where to begin!)
- ExcellentGuide’s own website design is rather poor, and the Google Ads are distracting.
- Their home page is confusing and gives no indication that you are, in fact, on the “Trusted Websites” tab.
- Submission guidelines are tough to find (they’re on the Terms & Conditions Page);
- Articles are not allowed to use any links in the article body;
- Articles do not appear to contain a Resource Box in which an author would put a Bio, links to his/her website, and possibly a photo – this means you’ll have to put your bio/links in every article;
- There is no mention of how often your article will be distributed, or approximately how many other sites use them as a resource;
- The “other services” are pricey and there is no explanation of exactly what the service actually provides, no specific information on advertising placement or results, and no testimonials.
It’s true that Article marketing will help you to obtain an ‘Expert Author’ status, which is why many people engage in article marketing. The more people that see your articles, name, and website will only benefit you….not to mention the fact that your writing skills will improve from writing all of those articles.
But with very little flesh to its own website, ExcellentGuide.com feels much like a “black hole” — you could submit your articles and not see any return for your effort, so while I cannot advise you to not use them, I would strongly encourage you to make them part of an overall article marketing strategy that includes a good number of other article submission sites. Until they put more information publicly available on their website regarding their advertising, then I definitely advise you to put your advertising dollars elsewhere.
What are some article directories that you use? Share your experience with them!