As she sits at her desk, she watches the clock. The hands of time slowly move. Boredom overcomes her and she becomes restless. Her mind drifts back to the UK. The excitement of London, the people, the fantastic public transportation, and the pubs! She smiles to herself and begins to write down words and phrase to describe her experience. Soon, a travel article comes to life. “I wonder,” she thinks to herself. “Could I do this for a living?”
The answer is YES! You too can release the chains of the 9 to 5 job. Escape the desk and enjoy the freedom of travel writing. It’s time to fly!
Most people wake up from their dreams dwelling on “what is” instead of “what could be.” For example, focusing on your bills and how you will pay them will bring more worry. Instead, dream a little dream about becoming a travel writer.
Imagine working from a villa in Spain, from a beach, or from a flat in the UK! Technology makes the dream of travel writing become a reality.
- AWAI. Offers a travel writing course along with copy writing, photography, graphic design, and other classes that will complement travel writing.
- Dictionary.com. Stuck on a word? Need a thesaurus? Would you like to know the Spanish word of the day? Just one click can do it all.
- DMOZ. An open directory that provides a great list or writing resources.
- World Wide Freelance. Discover 100 markets for travel writing.
- The Travel Writers Life. Find out how to get paid to see the world.
Travel writing is a very portable business. Whether with a laptop or pen and paper, write whenever, wherever. Why not become a travel writer and weave your travel experiences into a book, articles for magazines and newspapers, TV, or internet. Take the steps today to fulfill your dream, tomorrow live it!