Resources come in all shapes, sizes, and categories! Travel writers can use all of the resources they can get. These include job opportunities, travel writing books, publishers, magazines, newspapers, and TV; just to name a few.
The one place travel writers can find resources is in on the internet. Signing up for a travel writing course has never been easier. Just go to the AWAI  website, find travel writing, point and click and in an instant class will begin.
According to Makeup Blog “now you can work for publishers, corporations and a whole range of other clients on a truly global scale. Whether you are in the heart of a big city, or in a remote mountain village, all you need is an Internet connection to run your writing business.”
The question remains: where do you find the resources needed to establish a full-time writing career? No problem, check out this list, start writing, take a course or two, and submit your work today. Tomorrow you will be a full-time writer with opportunities “flying” all around you!
- Freelance Writing.com . More than just a job board. It provides tips and tricks!
- The e-Writers Place . You can find everything but the “kitchen sink” at this site! They have workshops, articles, e-books, and much more!
- Freelance Writing Organization International . A free website that offers education, news, a writer’s store, and forums.
- National Writers Union . A trade union for freelance and contract writers “working to defend the rights and improve economic and working conditions of all writers.
- Suite 101 . Has a great list of work-at-home job opportunities.
- The Writers Gazette . Best site in Writers Digest magazine for 2008!
- Writers Digest . Helps improve your writing, provides tips and prompts, blogs, and a whole lot more!
This list could on for 100 pages! So many resources are available for travel writers but knowing how to locate them is key. Research can take time and before you know it, the day is half over and you still haven’t eaten! If you want to take the “guesswork” out of finding resources, just visit us at Travel-Writers-Exchange.com. We’ll keep you updated!