Travel writers, does your writing need a makeover? Whether you are a novice or expert, it’s good to refresh your skills. One way to do this is by taking classes and courses in travel writing. Another way is to attend a conference or two. Seminars and workshops are also great ways to “hone” your writing skills.
When you write your travel article be fresh, funny, surprising, personal, bold, and “paint” the big picture for your reader. Check out this “how to write the perfect travel article”  to learn more great tips on polishing your travel writing.
Remember to write what you know. Write about your particular area and region. Pickup a couple of travel books to view other writers style of writing. Read blogs and travel magazines. Most importantly keep writing. You will get there!
Tools For Your Writing Makeover
- Creative Freelancer Conference . From August 27 – 29 at the Hyatt Regency Chicago, this conference is for copywriters, designers, photographers, illustrators, and other creative solos! Register by July 15 and SAVE $60!
- London School of Journalism . Provides freelance classes, journalism courses, and creative writing lessons via distance learning. Sweet!
- Travel and Nature Writing Course . If you love travel and are into the environment as well as conservation then this is the course for you! Learn how to analyze your dream market, develop a well crafted query letter, write a short article, and send your article to your target market.
- Write Words . UK all the way! Write Words is a “source of inspiration and feedback to writers.” This website offers writers support, advice, interviews and articles from top writing professionals, opportunities, competitions, and news.
- Daily Writing Tips . Find simple yet effective tips that will enhance your writing.
- Writers Online Workshops . Sign up for the “essentials of travel writing” course. Learn how to “craft interesting and useful travel articles that fit today’s market.” The workshop is 6-weeks and costs $199.
Kick Start Your Writing . Perhaps your creative flow has stopped. Learn how to get the juices flowing again and write that travel article.
Makeover your writing today, have a fresh start tomorrow!